Thursday, February 16, 2017

This lighting set up basically has every color of the rainbow. I think this lighting could be a good set up for a small number of types of scenes, however, this does not seem ideal for lighting characters on a stage. 

This lighting is obviously mainly red and gives off a vibe of anger or love. I think this might be an okay lighting design for one scene, however, I think for one to use it throughout a production would be slight overkill unless there are special circumstances of the production which call for this type of red-colored lighting.

3 comments:

  1. I actually really like the lighting in both photos. The lighting in the top photo could definitely used for when people are entering the theater, but I also agree that it couldn't be used to see the actors on stage throughout the play. In the second photo, the red light gives off a really intense emotion in my opinion. This could definitely be used during an intense scene filled with love or anger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the second photo. The use of one solid color, especially at that kind of intensity, could be too much after a while. It would be great contrast or a transition for some sort of dramatic moment, but it is a lot to take in and would probably take away from the show itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious what the first image's design was intended for, because although its flashy, it doesn't communicate a clear tone. The rainbow makes me think of pride, or childhood, but wouldn't offer much scenic quality onstage. The second image is a strong choice, but the overwhelming red makes me think that the action taking place in it is different from reality, possibly like a dream sequence.

    ReplyDelete