Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Personal Photos


 
This photo I took at Mi Tierra in San Antonio. They had a bunch of lights and lamps hanging from the ceiling, so they stood out from the dimness of the restaurant. I like how the lights in the front are focused while the ones in the back are more blurry. It almost looks like a starry night.


I took this at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. It was a really overcast day, but the sun was still really bright. I like how the light shines on the top of the statue's hand, and how the bottoms of the fingers are in the shade. I think it helps create more depth on the statue, and makes it stand out from the mostly lit background.

5 comments:

  1. The fixture in your first photo is gorgeous! I agree, I think the out of focus lights surrounding it give the image a really beautiful atmosphere, stars are a great comparison. Your second image is really compelling though, I love how one singular finger is the subject for this frame. To be an overcast day, there's a strong reflection of light bouncing off of the statue, giving it a sense of life. I also like the white quality of light in the background, bringing more focus to the bronze colors of the hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both photos are really amazing. The first one is very mystical because of the variety and the different colors of the light. The contrast stands out the most in the second one. The gray light and the green background make the hand stand out as the focal point. The light also reflects off the hand in a way that lets us see all the ridges of the sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these pictures are really beautiful. I love the first picture's festive feel. The lighting and different colors immediately remind me of Christmas. The way the background is out of focus and blurry also add another layer of uniqueness to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the first picture. I think it's really interesting how clear and large the lights that are closer to the camera look versus the ones in the back that look more inconspicuous but still add a whole new layer to the picture. You should be a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first photo caught my eye immediately, just from the sheer amount of activity in the photo. By that I mean, there is so much going on with the various lights and how the focus blurs from the foreground to the background. Overall I really like the way the shot works, and it is just beautiful to look at. The second shot is also interesting, but I don't like the way the blurring occurs in this one compared to the last one. Still a cool shot though!

    ReplyDelete