Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Just Interesting Color Use


This photo comes from Pinterest. What interested me was the different color spotlights shone on the groups of nuns. It makes me think that there are two different sub-stories happening at the same time.  Judging by the blue wash of a spotlight, I believe that the group on the right side has a more emotional story compared to the one on the left.

I found this photo featured on thelightingconnection.com. I'm confused by how the lighting director was able to make a yellow wash for the group circled around the two people in the center. However, I like how the white light makes them the more important subject of that scene while the group blends into the stage, making them more of a background rather than lead actors.

2 comments:

  1. The yellow light of the second photo is really uncomfortable to look at. It also changed the color of the clothes the actors are wearing, some of them look kind of gross but I really think it's just because of the lighting. I agree with you though I don't know how the lights are different colors for the two actors seeming to be talking more compared to the rest of them. Maybe spotlights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of the two spotlights in the top photo. I feel like the spotlight on the left shows an event that is happening publicly and it is known that it is happening. I feel like the event under the blue spotlight represents something more secretive, and something that shouldn't necessarily be seen, which is why they use the blue light.

    ReplyDelete