Wednesday, February 1, 2017


In this picture, the very definite backlighting puts the woman in almost complete shadow, but highlights her silhouette beautifully. The window is clearly the only source of light. It is interesting that the window, and thus, the light, was not made the exact center, but slightly off to the side, making the image more dynamic, in a way.


In contrast, this photograph contains a bright nightlight illuminating the little boy from the side, showcasing the details of his face, along with its lines and curves. While the other half of the picture is entirely black, the part that is lit is interesting and eye catching. It is clear that the only bit of light in that moment is coming from the nightlight.

2 comments:

  1. I think the light in the top photo helps make the the woman look more graceful and I like how you can even the see the dust in front of the window. It gives you more to look at even if most of the photo is in the dark.
    I really like the bottom photo too. I like that you can really only see the little boy's face, but not anything else. It makes me wonder what could possibly be behind me because it almost seems like it could be a scene from a scary movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the light illuminates all the dust motes in the room and makes them appear as if they're dancing. I also enjoy how the woman's legs disappear into the shadows. They look like they're dissolving into dust particles then floating around the room.

    ReplyDelete