Thursday, February 9, 2017

My Photos



I took this photo while walking around my neighborhood back home in Houston.
Even though this photo is taken under the shades of many trees, there is still a lot of natural light. My favorite part of the whole photo is the dappling pattern made of the ground by the sun filtering through the branches and leaves. I like how the background of the photo looks overexposed; it makes me feel like the distance between me and the stop sign is even greater.


I took this photo while walking around my neighborhood here in San Antonio.
I like how the sunset in the sky backlights all the trees, so they look like paper silhouettes against a watercolor sky. However, there is still enough natural light to see some detail in the house along the bottom. The colors are more muted, though, because they are still somewhat in shadow. The clouds provide and interesting pattern scattered across the sky.

4 comments:

  1. The way the light is bleeding through the trees in the first image reminds me of the day we used gobos onstage. The leafy shadows cast on the ground give a really enchanting feeling to the overall image, and I like how the largest pool of light is drawing my eye to the end of the path. The second picture has a beautiful sky, which I think would be an interesting color pallet to light with

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pink/orange color of the light scattered by the clouds. I enjoy how that illuminates the sky, making the houses and trees look so small. It's interesting how pollutants in the air are able to make such beautiful colors in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so nice. I totally agree with Sarah about the gobos and the leaves serving as a design for the gobos. They create texture to the light, which is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when tree branches grow together and make a canopy! I really like the pattern that the leaves make on the ground and the way the shadows create a contrast on with the sun on the lighter ground. I also love that the clouds in the second picture have shadows in them? It looks like the clouds in the top front of the image are being lit from the left and it looks really cool, I guess I never really consider clouds as three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete