Thursday, February 9, 2017

Personal Photos


I took this photo on a foggy night/morning a few weeks ago. I was honestly stunned when I walked out of the building and saw basically 4 sources of light just pointed directed at me. I didn't frame this photo as nicely as I could have, but I was also just using a phone camera, c'est la vie. I also just think that this one was more of an interesting thing to have seen in person than how it ended up turning out in photo.


I took this photo summer 2015 on the Staten Island ferry. The lighting isn't all to interesting in this photo. The most significant aspect of the lighting is that the entire sky is lit up quite brightly, despite the sun being nowhere in the photo. I think the varying shading between the sky, city, and the water give the photo s nice palette and really just gives off a beautiful shot. 
I also just really like this photo because there is a bit of a surreal look to it. The city doesn't look like it's as large as it should be. (Also there is a tiny Statue of Liberty in the mid left of the photo) 

4 comments:

  1. The first photo is really eerie looking. I like how the lights are reflecting in the fog and as a result have very soft edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo you posted is super spooky. The way the fog interacts with the lights gives the impression that the lights are floating in the air which gives the photo a very eerie feeling. Also, the lack of color and overall blandness of the photo help reinforce the spooky feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo is really creepy looking, reminds me of the first time I got abducted by aliens. The sharp outline of the branches is a nice contrast with the blurred lights and the blurred tree on the right side. It helps give you a better perspective on the depth of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your hazy picture is really clever because it is still very well lit but it doesn't feel bright and there is no definite subject to it. The lights in the background seem mysterious to me because the viewer is not certain as to exactly what they are coming from.

    ReplyDelete