Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Personal Photos

I took this photo walking back to my dorm from the library. I like the way the lights in the trees and above the trees give the trees shadows. I think it the way the background is a brighter green makes the foreground and shadows look darker.


I like the shadows made by the lights in this image. They are really dark and the outlines can only be seen, but I think they add to the darkness of the night. I also like the light on the grass giving it a light green color. It looks like a path. I think the darkness of the trees, caused by the lighting, in the background makes them appear as if they continue into the sky. It is like a sandwich of darkness.


3 comments:

  1. The name of the game for these pictures are shadows. Even though it is nighttime, there is still light to see most of the place. However, the shadows remove focus and contrast the areas where there is more light,even though there isn't anything in the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how defined and directional the light in these photos is. The colors of the surroundings in these pictures really pop in the sparse light, and the long shadows are really creepy and interesting. While there is barely any light, there is just enough to bring attention to the small details of the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many different shades of green in the first photo - it's awesome! And the cast shadows look like they're reaching out toward you, which has a really creepy effect. The small orbs of light in the background seem to invite you down the path.

    ReplyDelete