Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Movement in Lighting


In this video, I think the lighting and effects certainly make the movements more enhanced and more stylish. I think the effects and lighting also help make the dancers look more eloquent and smooth. The blue and white give a spiritual feeling to the piece.

In this video, there were shadows that looked like they were moving because of the changes in lighting and where the lights were directed. There was also the use of covering the lights to have the light shine at different angles. I think this is really cool how lights can change the way the audience views objects.

5 comments:

  1. I really like how reflections and shadows interact with the light in the second video. I think the first few seconds of the video really hooks the audience in with the different shapes and reflections cast by the mirrors. Also, with the use of a few figures, mirrors, and spotlights, it makes setting seem a lot bigger than it really was which is really cool feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am OBSESSED with shadows. This is something I've learned over the course of the semester so far, and I'm definitely going to try to incorporate it into my final Momentum piece. The focus on shadows in the second video you posted is so interesting to me. The ethereal black space, broken only occasionally by spotlight or reflection, is beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the use of light/projection in the first video. I almost chose that one for my post! The lighting really does take the performance to a whole new level. There is also that element of illusion as the projection makes it seem that the light comes from the dancers themselves. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the first video, I really love how they are using the lights in order to tell the story in the dance. Both the dancers and the lights have to be in sync and in time because any small lag would be really obvious. It would have been interesting to see this performance with multiple colors, but the dance with just this blue/white light is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the first video was really interesting how the lights move along with and accent the dancers movements. I couldn't tell if the lights were being projected or if they were being the screen. I also thought the sudden change to white light was a very interesting and artistic decision for the lighting designers to make.

    ReplyDelete