Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Interesting/Bad Color





I think is interesting because of the small lights around the characters in the circle. I also think it is interesting how the person on the right seems to have more light on her than the others. This could be due to the costumes and makeup. I also like how I cannot tell whether there are gobos on some of the lights or they are just shadows that give the designs on the stage.






In this second picture, I think the lighting is interesting because there is the moon in the background which should be the light source, yet the light does not come from that direction. The light appears to be coming from stage left as there are shadows going stage right.

3 comments:

  1. I think the first photo is odd because there are no lights on the actors on the edges of circle which seems like an interesting choice because they are doing the more interesting thing. At first sight when I looked at the second photo I thought it looked good and I was confused as to why you chose it, but once I read your description about the moon it makes a lot of sense about the placement of the moon and the direction that the light is coming from. Someone should have noticed it and thought through that there should be light coming from the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon in the second photo really bothers me for the same reason you stated. The lighting is extremely bright, regardless of the direction, for such a pale light source. It highlights the dancers very well, but I think the artistic liberty was taken too far. The issue could have been fixed if the moon was brighter, not there at all, or the light came from the same direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that the dancers in the second picture are not lit up evenly. It may be an artistic choice, but I find it clear that the focus of attention is in the dancers in the center. What I also like is the faint light upstage make the tree and the person seem a lot farther than they actually are when put in contrast with the brighter light downstage.

    ReplyDelete