Thursday, February 23, 2017

Movement and Lighting


How You Get The Girl - Taylor Swift (The 1989 World Tour) from Asher Levine on Vimeo.

This is from Taylor Swift's 1989 concert, don't turn the sound on cause this recording is terrible quality. She is lit mostly by the lights on her dress, the lights in the umbrella's the dancers are holding and the lights in the dancers suits. You can also see towards the end of the video that the crowd all has light up wrist bands similar to the lights we saw at the half time show from the superbowl because at the end of the song all the lights change to blue and then fade out. Also after the song ends her dress changes colors because the lights inside of it, I assume the square pack on her back may be the power source for the lights or the box that controls the lights from a computer (or both) I don't really know how they did it but I think its really cool and I want a dress like that.


This video has a neat effect of the light going from really blueish white to a softer yellow. The change in light is because of the change in setting and the change in light source. I think the light also signifies that its kind of all in her imagination.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely noticed the difference in color tone in the video. I also noticed that when the actual dancing started there was more fog to make the light more overwhelming and kind of crowding in a way. It also shows the path of each light. The very beginning with JGL at the bar is interesting in that there is clearly one light source on the bar that overpowers the rest of the lights, and I know it is difficult to work with outdoor lighting while being indoors, so it may be artificial lighting.

    Also, on an unrelated note, I freaking love these two!!

    ReplyDelete