Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Personal Photos



This photo was taken along a local walking trail, near the Blue Star Arts Complex. The bright sky illuminates the entire scene, giving a glowing quality to the bright green plants. It back lights the bench, which is the focal of the photograph, giving it a strong silhouette.

I was lucky enough to capture this photo on a flight into Santa Fe, at sunset. I love how the light is limited to it's form in the middle, leaving large portions of the image in shadow. The colors are intensified and compliment the city lights below, giving a sense of movement to the picture.  

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the contrast between the natural and artificial light in the second photo. The color is also really interesting; it gives the photo a very calming mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the natural light in the second photo. I like that it starts off orange and then turns into a dark blue color to blend in with the night sky. The sunlight shines a little bit on the wing of the plane but gives the ground a silhouette. It does give off a relaxing feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bright green plants on the left side of the picture. It's a nice contrast with the dark green half of the photo. The center of the photo has a hazy look to it, making it look like you are just emerging from the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the first picture, I think it is really nice how the sun lights everything. I also like how the sun is out of view, but the viewer knows where the light is coming from. I also like the dark part in the bottom right corner. In the second image, I think the light of the horizon looks very nice. There are a lot of different colors to it, and they draw the viewer's eye. I also like how the sky above the line and the Earth below the line are both dark. This makes the sunset seem like a mirror in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dark and bright qualities of the green due to the light hitting each of them. I think that the brightness of the sky and its lack of color also adds to the depth of the green color. The sidewalk also blends with the color of the sky because of the brightness of the sun.

    ReplyDelete