Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Personal Photos


Both pictures are from a recent trip to Destin, Florida. This first one was taken from a balcony. I think that the sunlight works with the sky, water, and grass to make a bright, summery scene. There is also a little bit of directional lighting as someone can tell by the direction of the trees' shadows where the sunlight is coming from.

I took this photo of one of my best friends while a group of us were in a strip mall. This is one of my favorites because of how the sunlight brightens all of the colors from the entire scene. It provides a happy, youthful tone for the whole scene.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the first photo you posted. Personally, I really love the way lights and water interact with each other, especially near the ocean. I like how blue the water appears and shadows being caste on the water and grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the trees almost create a tunnel, so that the light is at the "end of the tunnel". The trees are mostly in the shade while you can see the sunlight on the grass and the ocean. It looks like there is an adventure waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second picture is nice because everything is visible from the sunlight. There are no need for shadows or fancy lighting, yet we know what the focus of the picture is. The different colors of chalk overwhelm the person watching, and the friend grounds the picture by giving a reference to the size of the board while wearing fairly neutral colors. It's a really nice picture. They both are!

    ReplyDelete