Wednesday, February 8, 2017


I took this picture in San Francisco, right outside Golden Gate Park. My friends and I went to a conference in SF but we were able to escape for a couple of days and explore the city. I really liked how the light highlighted certain facets of the building, and almost cutting it in half with the light.

This is a picture of the lab where I work. I took this picture over the summer to show my extended family right before I visited them in New Jersey. The shadows cast by the exterior of the building from the sun made a pattern on the different parts of the lab that I really liked. I also enjoyed the black chair and its shadow, making it look like a reflection of the chair on the ground.

4 comments:

  1. The side lighting in your first picture gives the image a great sense of duality! The left side of the frame is cool and in shadow, while the right is brightly lit and warm in color. I also like the use of shadow in your second image, casting the rectangular shape of the windows across the floor. It offers visual variety to the otherwise dim picture, and ties the natural light from outside in to the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the sunlight is only shining on the pink/yellow buildings, and the blue/green buildings are in the shade. The sunlight helps enforce the cool and warm tones on each side of the photo, just like Sarah mentioned. It also looks like the photo was taken when the sun was starting to set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your first photo, I think the lighting is amazing. I like the way it illuminates the street on the right, yet is not very noticeable on the adjacent street. It looks like something out of a movie. I also like the liveliness it, along with the color of the buildings, give to the picture. In your second photo, I like the shadows created by objects within the room. The light from the outside outshines the light inside the room. I think the darkness of the inside kind of contrasts well with the brightness of the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lighting in the first photo is very stylized and I like how the positioning of the sun and the building create this weird shadow effect in which the entire side of the building is still shadowed. It feels like more of this photo should be lit up, but instead the shadow takes its place. The second photo also has some cool things going on with the shadows of various objects around the room. I especially like the way the windows are reflecting something, but it's very vague and hard to tell what exactly it is.

    ReplyDelete