Thursday, January 12, 2017

This is a picture taken in Arches National Park on July 13, 2016  near sunset.  If you look carefully, you can see the shadow of a tree cast on the left side of the arch.  I like the bright "spots" of sun and the reflected glow created under the arch. The color variation of the trees from sunlit to shadow is interesting.


Nothing quite like a good sunset.  I am always amazed when I watch the colors on clouds change during sunsets.  There can be so much variation.  This was taken in Big Bend National Park December 26, 2005.

1 comment:

  1. In regards to the first photo, I think it's interesting that the photographer focuses less on the sun itself yet the sun still makes an appearance. I also enjoy the tree's soft shadow in the bright sunlight on the arch.
    For the second photo, I agree that sunsets are a pure classic. What makes this special to me is the change from warm to cool colors.

    ReplyDelete