Wednesday, January 18, 2017


The soft haze of the light on the right side of the photo provides interesting contrast with the darker left. Along with this, the intensity of the light hitting the flower makes the petals translucent and fragile-looking, highlighting how delicate things in nature like flowers are. 


The intensity of the moonlight makes this dark, intimidating landscape look almost hopeful--the single bit of crazily bright light calls back to biblical imagery of God, providing light and comfort for those who are lost. 

4 comments:

  1. I really like in your first picture that you can see through the flower petals. The light illuminates the flower and almost makes it seem like the petals are glowing in contrast to the dark stem. It is very clear that the light is coming from the right side which I think helps make this an interesting photograph because the flower is in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly wouldn't have the noticed the light-dark contrast had you not mentioned it, so I'm very glad that you did. What I did notice was the blurriness around the flower, which works with the sunlight through the flower, making it an even stronger subject of the photo.
    The second photo also contrasts between light and dark, and I'm honestly obsessed with the moonlight reflecting in the middle of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second picture of the dark waters because of the feelings it invokes. I agree with the light down the middle being a light to comfort those who are lost. For me, this photo reminds me of a light house. I also really like the fact that the woods around the water are almost completely blacked out, which gives this photo a eerie undertone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo has a quite a nice effect to it, with the focus being on the direct center of the frame on the flower. The lighting definitely helps accentuate that focus, as it allows the flower to be partially illuminated through the petals.

    ReplyDelete