Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Lighting in Nature: Naturally Interesting

I find this picture really interesting because of the color of the sunrise. The yellow and orange light creates a brilliant contrast between the red rock and soil and the green vegetation. The warm color brings out the reds making the green, cool colors, much brighter. You are also able to tell that it is coming from the right side of the picture based on the shadows.
Image result for michigan snow
The bright light in combination with the snow has a very refreshing or energizing feeling to it. I really like how bright this photo is because of the color and reflection of light. I was also drawn to the interesting pattern created by the tree shadows. The light source is also unseen in this photo but it is more difficult to pinpoint its location using shadows.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the snowy picture for a lot of the same reasons you mentioned already. I really like how bright it is, especially when I think of winter and snow I don't always think of it being bright. I would say based on the shadows that the sunlight is coming in from the high right side of the picture perhaps..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture you posted! The way that the warm yellows and oranges saturate the landscape and make all the other colors in the picture pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the way the snowy photo is able to have so much definition to it due almost entirely by the lighting of the photo. That, equipped with the fact that there is a bit of the sky peeking through also just adds an extra factor that makes it so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is so simple in that there is not a lot ofcolor variety, yet it is still has a beautiful aspect to it.

    ReplyDelete