Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I thought the gobos used in this picture were very intriguing as they create a sort of astronomical space and floating effect. I thought these gobos were very well placed as they make the person the main focus without drawing attention away from the environment.

I think this gobo is interesting because the color of the floor compliments the gobo itself. The gobo is obviously of trees and the color of the floor has a very earthy tone to it which fits into the gobo well and makes it look much more realistic. 



5 comments:

  1. I almost picked the second photo for the exact same reasons. The gobo works so well with the floor, it creates a new scene for the ballroom. I also love how the decor in the background corresponds with the floor color and adds on to the autumn scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A agree with your feelings toward the first photo. When i see that texture used with the hints of blue and white, it reminds me of looking up at the stars and gives outer spacey vibes. I also like the way gobos are layered on top of each other in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the second photo. I love how the color of the floor plays into the earthly tones of trees in nature. While the trees are merely silhouettes, the balance of the space between the shadows really amplifies the entire atmosphere being created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow big fan of the first picture both for the use of the gobo but also the choice in color. It makes it feel very surreal and other worldly like you said. The second photo is really intriguing because of the detail in the trees. I feel like a lot of tree looking gobos look pretty bush like but these ones are really prominent in their tree-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture is great because it uses gobos to create a surreal atmospheric scene. It looks alien, yet intriguing at the same time. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete