Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Gobos/ Texture


I think of the window gobos really makes the set more natural and majestic in a way. I think there is a power or holiness about the way the light appears to come through the windows. The way the light continues onto the platform makes it appear to be more realistic. It looks almost like there is a slight curve toward the audience which gives the feeling that the wall, that is supposed to be in front of the audience, is curved. I think it really draws the attention of the audience because it is the only part of the stage that is more warm and visible than the rest of the stage.

I think the way these gobos are presented give an unnatural, haunting kind of feeling to the set. They work well with the blue and green lighting to present the women with the wings as the tree themselves. It gives the audience a chilling and magical feeling. I think the yellow light that forms the empty space around the trees gives a notion of moonlight and gives a contrasting spookiness to the present blue and green on the stage.

4 comments:

  1. The light that makes the windows is really cool! (I also used a window looking light for my pictures) I like the way that you can actually see the stream of light coming down and the lines in the stream too. I agree about the haunting effect of the trees in the second picture too. I like that the lights are angled to make the trees look like they are facing the way trees face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the use of gobos in the second picture you picked. I feel that although the set used was very minimal, the gobos of trees being projected across the wall add another layer to the set. Also, the way shadows are used with the gobos create a very spooky and errie feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the minimal, mystical world created in the second photo! The quality of the shadows--dim and a bit translucent--creates a much creepier atmosphere than simple set pieces ever could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top photo because while it is very minimal, it gives a great dusty attic effect with sunlight coming through the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete