Friday, March 24, 2017


Gobos
 I really like this use of the gobos because its not just one gobo, but they've used a bunch of gobos to create a coherent picture. I imagine that it was a pretty hard task to pull off, which makes it that much cooler.
I really like this because it adds nature to a very orderly restaurant scene and it creates a natural vibe because the lights are shining at different intensities, creating an illusion that some trees are farther away than others, like they would in a real forest.

4 comments:

  1. I love that these gobos for both pictures are very straight-forward and it is clear exactly what is supposed to be seen. This is an example of using nothing but light to create a scene. No additional props are needed to create the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ivan's comment on how the rooms only need the gobos to establish a scene. The decor and the spotlights are just extra decoration now, but they still help to make the scene a little more lively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second photo and how realistic the trees on the walls look even though they are actually made of light. The first photo is also neat because of the amount of small detail included in the skyline image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the second photo because it took me a while to figure out that there were even any gobos in that picture. They went so well with the restaurant place settings and theme that it didn't stand out like a sore, obvious thumb like some gobos and textures can do.

    ReplyDelete