Saturday, March 25, 2017

Gobos/texture


I really like how the texture used is varied by what surface its being projected onto. The colors of the picture also really add to the effect that is created. It makes it feel like embers or autumn leaves.

Related image
There is obviously a gobo being used here. I thought it was interesting how the path changed in width and direction. Though it is interesting, it does kind of bother me. It also seems to be projecting a little onto the wall in the back, making me wonder where the light is positioned.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mixed feelings about the second picture. I am not sure how the person was able to create this walkway with a light and gobo. However, i do really like the use of gobos and lighting to create a path on the floor. One interesting point is that it seems to all being coming from one source, but it would be interesting to try to create a similar effect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea behind the second photo. Creating an "endless" road for shows like "The Wizard of Oz" can be really difficult, and gobo walkways can be much easier to work with than treadmill floors. But it is positioned very awkwardly here, which should be fixed before I can comfortably call it good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first design is a beautiful example of special event lighting, in my opinion. The golden pattern cast by the gobo is complimented by the golden floor lights, cast upward around the room. I especially like how they were able to keep a red light washed all of the walls, even when the gobo layered on top of it. The second design seems like its suffering from both poor focus and placement, as the blue edge around the design is almost as distracting as its distorted scale.

    ReplyDelete