Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Gobos/Texture

I really like this pictures because it shows the use of gobos and texture on the ceiling rather than across the floor. Instead of illuminating the room with the use of one light, which would be brighter and more harsh, gobos are used to caste shadows and textures which create a dimmer light to help set a mood. 

The use of gobos in this pictures is used to create a foresty feeling in the room. I think the foresty textures help reinforce the trees in the background.

4 comments:

  1. I like the foresty vibe going on in the second picture! You selected a super original picture, in fact I don't think anyone else used this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top picture is really neat because the light with the gobos is lit upward instead of downward as we are used to seeing in theatre. The different angles of the cloth it is projected onto also help add to the uniqueness of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first photo, I think the use of the gobos on the ceiling is effective because it draws people's attention. I think it gives a leafy or nature feeling which can make the people seem like they are in nature. In the second image, the gobos give a feeling of being nature. I think the way they resemble leaves or trees is very fitting because of the brown and red color of the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its amazing how accurately the gobo mimics light through foliage in the second photo. I am assuming its more than one light by the shape, this being said the lower left light could have been more focused to match the sharpness of other three. It definitely aids in the theme of the room. Especially since the tile beneath it is red and no gels were added to the lights.

    ReplyDelete