Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I'm a huge fan of the minimal lighting in this dance. I really love the contrast that is created by using the darkness as part of your lighting choice. It makes the dance much more dramatic and doesn't distract from the beautiful choreography. Color is also used really effectively in this, they use a more yellow warm color in the beginning which contrasts greatly to the more blue/white light in the middle. It demonstrates how different the mood can be from just the color.

3 comments:

  1. I really love how in the beginning of the dance, a white spotlight is used to light both of the dancers from the top. It creates lots of shadows on their bodies, and forces the audience to really focus on their movements. I like how they are gradually lit in a warm yellow wash, which I think kind of creates of story of a relationship between the two dancers. There are a few more times where the white light and yellow lights switch, but I think it is effective in telling the story and matching the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the spotlight followers the dancers and creates shadows on the people dancing. I also really like how the person filming moves along with the dancers, which creates a pretty cool dynamic. The subtle changes in color also add another layer of lighting to the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is interesting how the dancers are not lit very well and some of their bodies are hidden in the shadows. It makes the audience have to pay attention to what is happening. It also gives a feeling that this is happening in a void somewhere. The lighting really allows for there to be a focus on what the dancers are doing rather than what is around them.

    ReplyDelete