Thursday, April 13, 2017

Dance Lighting Video


In this video, most of the lighting seems to be very playful and colorful. About 1 minute into the video, I like how a blue wash is used across the stage, and there are yellow lights that follow the dancers around once the dancers have transitioned. I like the contrast between the warm and cool tones. At around 3:12, it's also cool how the yellow and purple tone lights look like they are moving around the dancers too. I definitely think the lights succeeded in following the mood of the song, and it looked like the lights were dancing too.

3 comments:

  1. I like that lights bring more life into the performance. And I agree with what you've pointed out about the lights sort of traveling with the dancers. Maybe it's the quality of the camera + its distance from the stage, but I wish that the lights focus more on the dancers' outfits. They're very colorful and beautiful, so they could've used a liiiiiittle more appreciation from the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comments on this performance. I like when around 25 seconds when a wave of lights goes from up stage to down in a wave like motion. It adds emphasis to the the dancers and brings the performance more to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way the lights are all focused on the dancers and go well with the costumes of the dancers is really nice. I think it makes the dancers appear to glow which highlights the actions of the dancers more. I also like the way the change from one light cue to the next is very smooth.

    ReplyDelete