Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dance Lighting

IMG_1182

I really like the gobo used in this lighting scene. The gobo creates a repeating texture of triangles on the dance floor. I think it is more interesting having all of the triangles be randomly oriented rather than ordered in the same direction. It would be a really cool if the triangles all rotated during the show.

IMG_1193

I thought the lighting of each dancer with an individual spotlight was very effective at contrasting the dancer and rest of the dance floor. The hazy red background contrasts well with the yellow/white illuminated dancers. It would be interesting if the spotlights followed each dancer.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how in the second picture, the dancers are all in their own circles, giving them a visual separation. I think the overall color of the second picture is also interesting as the lighting compliments the gold on the stars and dancer's outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture is alright. It would be cooler if the spotlights were in the shapes of stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although simplistic, I really like the use of gobos and colors in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the first image, I think it is a really interesting how the cage is unprotected. That gobo is a very interesting gobo. In the second image, I like how there are multiple girls with stars.

    ReplyDelete