Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Dance lighting


I like the use of gobos and lighting in this dance recital. The use of warm orange and red colors and the tree gobo reminds me of a scene out of the lion king. I wonder what song this dance recital used and if it complimented the choice of lighting in any way. Also, I like the use of silhouettes and shadows that add a cool effect to the dancers.
Like my first photo, this dance recital also uses shadows to show the silhouettes of the dancers only. I like the choice of gobos on the floor to give the dance a spaceish galaxyish vibe which goes along with the rest of the photo. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like the second photo. The dancers stick out because their surrounding is the busy aspect, creating the definite contrast. The use of silhouettes is a bold choice but really great for dramatic moments. Its so cool seeing the different moods these silhouettes are able to create based on the lighting color.

    ReplyDelete