Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Dance Lighting


I really like how the more intense lights appear to be coming from the sides rather than the front. I think this helps create more shadows on the dancers' bodies and to make them appear more defined. I also like that there is a mix of light intensity. It definitely helps in making the dancers' movements look more dramatic.


In this photo, I like how the light almost reflects of the costumes of the dancers. The skirts all look purple, but it's possible that they could be white. The mix of the cool and warm colors is interesting too because I think it helps create different shadows and different combinations of the lights. The lights are not creating harsh shadows, which I think goes along with the graceful movement shown.

1 comment:

  1. The lighting in the second photo really accentuates the lines the dancers are creating. The color makes the dancers themselves look intense but the costumes look very delicate. I agree that the combination is really fascinating to look at. I think this high contrast lighting works well in making the dance photo appear intense and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete