Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dance Lighting Video



This performance is from Momix Alchemy. I think that this performance toys a bit too much with limited light and while it fits with the idea, it isn't the best for the viewer. I think that for the most part the lighting at around 4:00 is the coolest lighting of this performance. I do think the textured effects on the lights (probably gobos) were a great choice for this performance, as it does add to the weirdness of the textures on the performers' clothing. Overall, I think that the lighting may not be the best, especially since there are times when the lighting is not supposed to be bright at all; however, I also think that by doing the lighting in this way, it adds to the mood and atmosphere of the performance. 

2 comments:

  1. I think one of my favorite parts of this are the patterns used. For some reason, it makes me think of the dancers as fairies or another mystical creature. I do agree with Brent that sometimes it's a little hard to really notice the dancers and their movements; the skirts help us see where they are going and how they're moving. I like when the spotlights are used for each dancer because they pop out from the dark background, and allow us to take notice of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of this performance is the opening. The way the lighting interacts with the person creates the illusion that she is shimmering in water or coated with something metallic. Also, a very limited amount of lights being used which creates a very spooky dynamic to the intro.

    ReplyDelete