Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Dance Lighting





In the first photo, the lighting is able to establish a general mood for the scene. I feel like the cool blue light makes it seem like it is a calmer, but possibly mysterious scene. The lighting is also able to  draw the viewer's eye, this is mainly done by the warmer orange light accented the actors on the stage. 


In this photo, I really like how the lighting is able to accomplish a few different things. For one, it draws the viewer's eye to only the locations that are being lit by the spotlights. When the lighting is primarily done via spotlighting, I feel as though it is a way to emphasize certain aspects of a moment (e.g. ending a scene with spotlights, then fading to black). I also think that lack of lighting is an interesting way to provoke certain emotions from the viewer.  

3 comments:

  1. In the top photo, I do like the mix of the white and the blue lights. From the angle of the photo, I can't really tell if the white lights are supposed to be focusing on certain dancers, but I like that it does help break the blue wash.
    For the second photo, I like how each dancer can be seen in their individual spotlight. It makes the audience focus on each dancer's face and body without any background distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the dancers' faces are shown less than their costumes with the blue lighting. It allows their body to tell the story. I'm curious about the one spotlight coming from the left side; I don't understand why it's there.
    For the second photo, I just think that the individual spotlights will make the dancers' movements much more dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first photo, I thought it was really interesting how the white and blue lights were reflections. This picture really draws the audience because of the blue and regular light. In the second image, I think the lights are very good at drawing attention. I also think it looks very majestic.

    ReplyDelete